DMIPERP launched the week of 3 Feb 2018, but there are several updates planned. In order of priority:
1) Providing commentary and supplementing commentary to current entries.
2) Providing additional entries for the Ancient Sources section of the site. Please be in contact if you are interested in contributing.
3) English translations for all entries.
4) Collecting all inscriptions mentioning members of the Herodian household.
5) Providing an “Advanced Search” function on the site to aid research.
Week of 05 October 2019
- Added inscription of Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera (§400), though its relevance is disputed.
Week of 16 September 2019
- Added remaining papyri concerning Gaius Julius Apollinarius and Gaius Julius Sabinus (§§388-399); those included in P.Mich. vol 22 are not yet included.
Week of 17 December 2018
- Added English translation for §373 (Sailors in legio X Fretensis)
- Added entry for §387 Gaius Aulus Severus
Week of 9 November 2018
- Added cross-references for all entries references in CIIP volume 4
- Added additional commentary for §54 and §55, both on Titus Flavius Valens
- Added English translation for §224 (Syria Palaestina diploma discovered in Hebron)
- Revised Latin and added English translation for §386 Soldier of legio V Macedonica
Week of 4 October 2018
Week of 29 June 2018
- Added entry for §382 Fasti Triumphales
- Added entry for §383 Dedication of the Colosseum
- Added entry for §384 Arch of Titus in the Circus Maximus
- Added links to The Roman Army and the New Testament
Week of 1 May 2018
- Created tag for War of Quietus
- Added entry for §375 Milestone from Cyrenaica
- Added entries for Archive of Apollonios the Strategos on the War of Quietus (§376, §377, §378)
- Added entries for Jewish Victories in Hermopolis (§379), Heras During War of Quietus (§380), and Claudius Terentianus on the War of Quietus (§381).
- Though the Greek word chiliarch is often translated “tribune,” to help aid relevance for New Testament studies, I have use both words in English translations of Greek (i.e., “chiliarch/tribune”).
Week of 12 Apr 2018
Week of 4 Mar 2018
- Significantly revised entry §148 Titus Mucius Clemens upon suggestions of Nikos Kokkinos (personal communication).
- Added the entry §374 Jesus Mocks a Gladiator, though not military, strictly speaking.
- Created tag for documents mentioning members of the Herodian dynasty.
- Minor revision to Greek text of §3 Annius Rufus to better account for Latin transliteration habits in the Roman East.
Week of 25 Feb 2018:
- Added visual timeline to Timeline page, added documents §§364-373 (pertaining to Tiberius Julius Alexander, Pontius Pilate, and sailors conscripted into legio X Fretensis).
- Created tags for Jewish soldiers, Palestinian soldiers, soldier-civilian interactions, Jewish civilians interacting with soldiers, military religion, the Jewish War (66-73 CE), and Christian soldiers.
- Text of every single military diploma on the site is now reproduced in full.
- Revised entry §3 Annius Rufus upon suggestions of Nikos Kokkinos (personal communication, additional bibliography).
Week of 3 Feb 2018:
- Launch Week