(0130) Text: Imp(erator) Caes(ar) | Tra(ianus) Hadr(ianus) Aug(ustus) | per vexil(lationem) | leg(ionis) VI Fer(ratae)
Translation: Under the emperor Traianus Hadrianus Augustus had this part of the aqueduct built by a detachment of legio VI Ferrata.
Provenience: Beth Hanania, near Caesarea Maritima, Palestine 117-138 CE
Bibliography: ICaes.Mar. 54; CIIP 2.1209*; Leah Di Segni, “The Water Supply of Roman and Byzantine Palestine in Literary and Epigraphical Sources,” in The Aqueducts of Israel, ed. David Amit, Joseph Patrich and Yizhar Hirschfeld, JRASup 46 (Portsmouth: JRA, 2002), Caesarea no. 3.